From June 19 to June 22, the Sanofi Espoir Foundation participated in the triennial Congress of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM), which brought together 4,000 midwives from 67 countries.
As part of its commitment to improving maternal and neonatal health in developing countries, the Foundation was able to present several projects:
- A photo exhibition on the midwifery profession through 12 pictures of midwives at work taken in Bangladesh, India, Moldova, Senegal and Mexico
Des applications mobiles for midwives and women, developed with its partner, the Foundation Millennia 2025:
- Universal Women gives technology support and advice to midwives participating in multi-country twinning projects,
- Mobile applications apporte un support technologique et des conseils aux sages-femmes participant à des projets de jumelage multi pays,
- Zero Mothers Die is a source of essential information on maternal, newborn and child health for pregnant women, new mothers and health workers providing this care in their community,
- Happy Baby, Healthy Mom for Mongolia provides nutritional advice for pregnant women to help them avoid becoming overweight during pregnancy, as this can cause various health problems for them and their baby.
These mobile applications have been created as part of Sanofi Espoir Foundation’s "Midwives for Life Awards" (aid to midwives’ associations to set up their project). They are free and can be downloaded using a smart phone.